March 13, 2000, Midlothian, Virginia. Virginia Systems announced that
the Sonar Bookends® InDex automated index and table of contents
generator, supportsAdobe®'s new InDesign 1.5 desktop publishing system.
"The stability and feature set of InDesign version 1.0 was impressive.
Moving forward, Virginia Systems will continue to commit resources to
the development of InDesign plug-ins because we believe that InDesign has
a bright future," said Philip Van Cleave, President of Virginia Systems.
Sonar Bookends InDex's features include:
* Word index - words selected automatically based on their frequency
* Proper noun index - proper nouns found automatically
* Index based on a user-defined list of items imported from a database
* Index based on a user-defined list of items created by marking entries
* Index based on any combination of the above
* Marked entries can now be indexed everywhere or only where they are marked
* Multiple files can be indexed at one time
* Automatic reversal of first and last names in list - John Smith becomes Smith, John
* Automatic conversion from a single-level to a multiple-level list
* Powerful sorting capabilities for both single and multiple-level lists
* Boolean searching capabilities for sophisticated page selection
* Table of contents based on style sheets
* Page numbers can be optionally prefixed with section information
* Available for both Macintosh and Windows
"Sonar Bookends InDex gives InDesign the most advanced indexing system
available on any desktop publishing system," said Peter Kellogg-Smith, director
of product management of professional publishing products, Adobe Systems Incorporated.
A free demo can be downloaded from Virginia Systems web site. The demo
can be converted to a full running copy with a serial number provided by
Virginia Systems upon purchase of the product. Indexing and table of contents
features can be purchased separately or together, depending on the customer's needs.
Pricing for Sonar Bookends InDex is $195 for indexing, $95 for table of contents,
or $275 for both if they are purchased together. Updating from a previous version
of Sonar Bookends InDex is free.
Virginia Systems was founded in 1984 and specializes in document imaging,
text retrieval and index generation software.
For further information, contact:
5509 West Bay Court
Midlothian, VA 23112-2506
Phone: (804) 739-3200
FAX: (804) 739-8376
Back to What's New