May 2, 2005 Midlothian, Virginia. Virginia Systems announced today that it is shipping updated versions of its plug-ins for InDesign CS2. Updated products include the Sonar Bookends InDex and Sonar Bookends InDex Pro indexing products, Sonar Bookends InFnote footnote/endnote management plug-in, Sonar Bookends InXref cross-reference generator, and Sonar Bookends InSeq figure and table numbering product.
Sonar Bookends InSeq has major new features, including a new 'macro' language which supports:
* running headers and footers
* arbitrarily complex sequence numbers for figures, tables, pictures, paragraphs, etc. (such as, "IV.12.c")
* an unlimited number of counters that can be incremented, decremented programmatically to generate sequence numbers
* counters can be formatted in decimal, Roman numerals, or as alphabetic sequences
* substitution of text strings at specific locations in a document
A free demo of the updated products is available on Virginia Systems' web site at: www.virginiasystems.com
Sonar Bookends InDex, InFnote, InSeq, and InXref cost $195 for a single user license. Sonar Bookends InDex Pro is $395. Volume discounts are available. Existing Sonar Bookends InDex, Sonar Bookends InDex Pro, Sonar Bookends InSeq, and Sonar Bookends InXref owners who purchased after March 1, 2005 can update for free. Sonar Bookends InFnote users who have version 5.0 can update for free. Otherwise existing users can update Sonar Bookends InDex, Sonar Bookends InFnote, Sonar Bookends InSeq, and Sonar Bookends InXref for $100. Sonar Bookends InDex Pro user can upgrade for $150.
Virginia Systems was founded in 1984 and specializes in document imaging, text retrieval, automatic index-generation, cross-referencing, sequencing, and footnote software.
For further information, contact: Virginia Systems, 5509 West Bay Court, Midlothian, VA 23112-2506, Phone: (804) 739-3200, FAX: (804) 739-8376, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.virginiasystems.com
Back to What's New